SCA Membership Information
Click here for the Membership Application:
- The Springfield Contractors Employment Service:
- Provides a central clearinghouse for all applications from individuals wishing to work in construction or construction-related services. Applications are taken and filed for use by SCA members only;
- Participating members can call the Employment Director to see the employment information on file. The name and employment information are used by the SCA member, who makes the decision to interview, hire or not hire;
- We cover all skills in construction-related jobs, including office personnel;
- We keep all information up-dated as necessary, saving our members time and effort recruiting applicants and processing applications;
- We will also run blind ads for members seeking specific skills at the members’ expense, preserving confidentiality.
- We email a weekly update “Baer Essentials” and disseminate information about the Association, our members and other items of interest by email, Facebook and Twitter.
- The Membership Directory is published early each spring and is conveniently arranged by category. The Directory is not only used by SCA members, but also is available to the public.
- We offer seminars regularly, recently covering topics such as lien waivers, quality concrete construction and practices, and OSHA regulations.
- SCA Committees meet regularly with such organizations as MSU, Building Development Services, Springfield School District, AIA and OTC to discuss and improve construction-related issues.
- Social activities include:
- Monthly General Meetings, an opportunity to meet fellow members
- The Pig Roast, a well-attended function of great renown
- Annual SCA Golf Outings
- Skeet Shoot and Sporting Clays
- Salute to Construction Banquet
- Chicken BBQ Scholarship Fundraiser
- Christmas Party